Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Flaming Youth



This is one of the oldest drawings of mine I have. It's a swipe of the cover for Ghost Rider #16, which came out in late 1975 (but dated Feb. 76), so I must have had it sitting around for awhile before I decided to copy it, sometime in 1977. I was either nine or ten when I did this. I changed Ghost Rider from being attacked by a shark to him freefalling! Notice the MARVL COMICS GROUP misspelling, along with at least one more. ('I doomed..").

Hey, nice hands, at least!

2 comments:

Johnny Supersonic said...

I was a huge Flaming Youth fan back in the mid-80's. I still own both of their albums on vinyl.

Aaaah, the good ol' days.

The Keeper's Notes said...

Sorry to disapoint you, but Flaming Youth only had one album, and that was in 1969. It featured an 18 year old Phil Collins on drums.

Flaming Youth was also a film from 1923, a book by Samuel Hopkins Adams, a Duke Ellington song, and, likely in it's best known form, a song by Kiss on their 1976 album Destroyer!